Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Our Deck Renovation

Since my hand is out of commission and I don't enjoy the chicken pecking, I figured I would post a picture gallery of the before and after of our latest deck renovation project.

The deck was one of the selling features in our home but definitely needed a face lift. Some of the top boards were rotted and ready to put a foot through. We started by replacing those boards and were relieved to find a perfectly nice deck foundation.

I do have a funny story about when we power washed our deck, both a flood and a fire in one day! I will leave that for next time:)

 This was a weekend in itself!
 Sand off the peeling paint.
 Switched out our flood lights for these babies! The motion sensor was so off and would drive me nuts. Yes, it lacks a bit of security but I'm not a fan of flood lights.

 Two coats of a chocolate solid stain and a pinto white solid stain.
It took us a total of 3 weekends... including the weekend of flood and fire, which was kind of a wash.

What do ya think?

If you like what you see here, be kind and follow along on

 Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments: