Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Coconut Chicken Tenders

Studio Movie Grill Coconut Chicken Tenders
Have any of you heard of the new movie theater Studio Movie Grill? It's a super modern, amazingly CLEAN movie theater that serves food and (alcoholic) beverages. My husband and I have been so many times because we found this amazing deal on groupon for 1 movie and free drink for $6!! This post is not a paid advertisement... I was not compensated for this post... just so you know. I just wanted to share the awesomeness of this place. It's a pretty great date night for the parents who have to fit a dinner and show in a couple hours!

One of my favorite items on the menu (and there are many) are their Coconut Chicken Tenders!!! OMG these things are so crunchy and so delicous! Let's not forget the option of sweet potato fries to go along!

So I tried to recreate this recipe on my own and I have to say... I almost nailed it!
We made these yummy bad boys last week and they hit the spot! I had to make them on two separate occasions to get the egg wash right. Here you go and I hope you all enjoy!

I  like to explain by stations... These are the three stations (in order) that you will have your chicken tenders go through. I bought a bag of frozen chicken tenders and actually cut them in half. This helped get them cook all the way through with out burning the crust. I would recommend completely thawing out the chicken tenders first!

Flour station...
Drop your tenders in a plate of flour. This takes off excess moisture on the chicken tenders and allows the egg wash and crust to stick better.


Egg wash Station.....
1 egg and 1/2 cup milk whisked together.
Dip your floured tenders in the egg wash and fully coat.

Crumb Station....
Dip your coated tenders in the crumb bowl and coat evenly.

50/50 of coconut flakes and panko bread crumbs. I like to chop the coconut flakes into smaller flakes but the choice is yours. I generally use 1 cup of each.
Seasonings.....
1/2 tablespoon Garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon sugar
Mix all ingredients in the Crumb Station together.


Cook...
There are a couple methods for cooking your chicken tenders. You can bake them in the oven or pan fry them.... I pan fry then for the golden crispy crust. I usually do three tenders in a large fry pan with a nice coat of vegetable oil on the bottom. I turn the heat about half way. It takes about 1 minute per side. Test the first couple you do to make sure they are cooked all the way through. You may need to adjust the heat or oil level.

This recipe comes pretty close to the one I had at studio movie grill!!

6 comments:

  1. This recipe sounds really good. My kids love chicken, I should try this for them! New follower, thanks for sharing! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey girl, thanks for the follow, i am happily following back :)
    p.s. i wasn't hungry until i saw those chicken tenders and ya just had to mention the sweet potato fires huh?!! haha.
    have a fabulous week-end!
    www.kendrakaypahukoa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so delicious! I love a when someone tries to create a recipe from something they had in a restaurant or such. I've never cooked meat with any type of coconut, so I'm definitely interested in that now. But, I'm mostly just in awe of how good the food looks. Might try this. I know my kids will say, "Mom, you're putting coconut on meat!" Visiting and following from http://makeitorfixit.com. Stop by when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you recreate the Honey Mustard that goes with this from Studio Movie Grill

    ReplyDelete