Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Taco Bread Casserole

Menu planning for the birthday fiesta!

I've made this dish before as a dinner one night and it was delicious! However, I think it is best as a party snack. I'm excited that I get to make this dish again! Here is where I got the recipe.

Taco Bread Casserole
Ingredients...
For the bottom layer you will need...
3/4 cup of flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
2 envelopes of yeast
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt, I use sea salt
3/4 cup warm milk
3 tablespoons corn oil
1 egg

Other ingredients
1 pound of lean ground beef
I package of taco seasoning
I jar of salsa or you can use a can of diced tomatoes or cut your own fresh tomatoes
Shredded Cheddar cheese

What you do...
1)Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare ground beef as you would for tacos. Brown the meat and drain excess grease. Add taco seasoning.

2)Make the batter for the bottom layer. In a dish combine yeast, sugar and milk and let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes.

3)Combine the remaining ingredients for the bottom layer. In a 3 quart greased baking dish spread the batter.

4)Add the taco meat on top of the batter, evenly coat the top.

5)Pour salsa or tomatoes, what every your preference, evenly over the meat filling.

6) Sprinkle evenly the shredded cheese over the salsa.

7)Bake in an oven for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese has evenly melted.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment